The UCDC Prep series is offered to prepare and orient you to participate in UCDC next term. It will guide you through all the required steps you will need to search for internships of interest, prepare your application materials, hone your interview skills, choose and be prepared for UCDC courses, and get the most out of your internship experience. It will also inform you about the support services and other programming we offer to ensure that you have a successful UCDC experience.
ALL UCDC participants are expected to participate in UCDC Prep.
Time: Wednesday @ 11am – 12pm Pacific / 2pm – 3pm Eastern
Offered virtually for students accepted into the UCDC Program the term prior to enrollment
Students can access Zoom information and recorded sessions in the My.UCDC.edu
- Identify your professional goals and research internship opportunities of interest;
- Articulate your skills and attributes both in writing and orally;
- Create resumes and cover letters that best express your abilities and interests;
- Develop interview skills;
- Learn professional skills, including how to engage online;
- Learn basics about DC;
- Meet and engage with other incoming UCDC students
UCDC Prep Schedule: All sessions held on Wednesdays @ 11:00 AM (Pacific) / 2:00 PM (Eastern)
Offered the term PRIOR to arrival at UCDC....
|Fall 2023 Students||Winter Quarter / Spring Semester 2024 Students||Spring Quarter 2024 Students|
Weekly Sessions Regularly Include:
- Week 1 – Welcome – Searching and Applying for an Internships
- Week 2 – Resumes & Cover Letters
- Week 3 – Interview Advice and Preparation
- Week 4 – UCDC Budget / Basic Needs
- Week 5 – UCDC Academic Experience
- Week 6 – UCDC Residential Life
- Week 7 – DC Experience – Things to See, Do and Expect (Intro to Networking/Mentorship Program)
- Week 8 – Making the Most of your UCDC Experience
Sessions may vary by term depending on deadlines and speaker availabilities.