UCDC COVID-19 Response
COVID-19 Requirements for Winter Quarter 2023
Effective Date: January 3, 2023
The UCDC COVID-19 Response Team continues to monitor the pandemic situation closely, including information and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local public health officials, our own UC infectious disease experts, and other scientific sources. Regular COVID-19 testing and strategic masking are essential parts of UCDC’s COVID-19 Prevention Plan to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Tests and masks are provided to community members at the security desk and the Student Services office.
The following policies and protocols are EFFECTIVE January 3, 2023, and subject to change.
UCDC Masking Policy
Masking will continue to be required in academic classes, except when drinking (see “UCDC Eating/Drinking Policy”).
Masking will continue to be required in group meetings and events where physical distancing (at least 6 feet between individuals) cannot be maintained, unless eating and drinking is permitted (see “UCDC Eating/Drinking Policy”).
Masking is not required in ANY other spaces in the Washington Center but is recommended.
Masking may be required by any individual in their assigned office or workspace.
UCDC Eating/Drinking Policy
· Drinking, but not eating, is allowed in classes. Students may remove masks while actively drinking.
All Other Events/Meetings
· Food and drinks can be served at all events/meetings other than academic classes. Participants will wear masks when they are not actively eating or drinking unless physical distancing can be maintained.
UCDC Surveillance Screening
Everyone must complete the UCDC Screen upon arriving at the Washington Center.
For those living in the building the UCDC Screen must be completed each day before leaving your residence.
To ensure compliance, security guards and authorized UCDC Staff may ask for proof of your approved UCDC Screen result for entry to the building and/or UCDC events.
UCDC Testing Schedule
Testing Requirements are based on your on-site schedule
· On-site three days or more per week and all residents (regardless of how frequently they’re on site)
o Fully vaccinated individuals: 2x weekly
o Partially vaccinated individuals: 3x weekly
o Unvaccinated Individuals: 3x weekly
· On-Site less than three days per week (does not apply to residents)
o Fully vaccinated individuals: once per week on first day on-site
o Partially vaccinated individuals: every day on-site
o Unvaccinated Individuals: every day on-site
Self-administered rapid antigen test kits are available at the security desk. Students must pick up test kits at the Student Services desk on the fourth floor.
UCDC Guest/Visitor Testing
· Arriving guests must administer a rapid antigen test provided by security and show proof of a negative result or show proof of a negative result from an administered test within the previous 24 hours
o Exceptions include mail/package deliveries and other individuals on-site for less than 15 minutes
· Students are not permitted to host guests during the guest moratorium period in the first two weeks of the term to support UCDC in limiting and assessing the potential spread of COVID and to allow new residents time to complete their Apartment Agreement, which outlines (among other things) how guests will be managed in their shared space.
o This includes move-in weekend, so students must be prepared to move into their spaces without assistance.
o Additional student guest information will be forthcoming
UCDC Air Quality
To supplement our high-filtration HVAC system at UCDC we will continue to provide portable HEPA filters to classroom, conference room, and event spaces, where possible.