You may have guests while staying at the UC Washington Center, where we categorize guests into two groups:
- Day Guest: A non-resident you check into the Center between 7:00 AM and 1:00 AM
- Overnight Guest: A non-resident you check into the Center between 1:00 AM and 7:00 AM
- Day Guests that Become Overnight Guests: If you have a day guest staying after 1:00 AM, you must go to the Security desk to sign them in as an overnight guest to avoid a conduct violation.
An approved Apartment Agreement Form must be on file with Residential Services to have guests. Apartment Agreement Forms are due no later than the Monday following Orientation. New Agreement Forms will be required if anyone new moves into your apartment after an original submission.
- Confirm that you are able to have guests:
- Your Apartment Agreement Form must be on file with Residential Life before checking in any guests. If you have not submitted a form, do so at least 48 hours before having your first guest.
- Discuss your plans with your apartment mates so you do not exceed the guest limitations outlined below.
- You must check in all guests at the Security desk upon their arrival:
- Guests must have valid government ID to receive a visitor’s pass.
- You are responsible for your guests and must accompany them always during their stay at the Center:
- You must accompany your guest upon re-enter into the building and must show their visitor’s pass to Security.
- Guests may be asked to leave the premises if deemed necessary by a Center staff member.
- You must check your guests out upon their departure:
- Guests must return their visitor’s pass to Security.
- No guests are allowed the first week of each academic term (guest moratorium). Guest moratorium ends at 2:00 pm on Monday after orientation.
- No more than 2 guests are allowed in an apartment at any time.
- You are prohibited from checking in guests for other residents.
- You are prohibited from providing any Center materials including, but not limited to, apartment keys, UCDC IDs, or access cards (Sonitrol fobs) to any guests.
- Residents may not be checked in as guests 15 days prior to and 15 days following their housing contract.
- Underage guests need to fill out the Minor Waiver, signed by the parent of the minor. If the host resident is not the parent of the underage guest, the host resident may not sign as the parent of the minor.
Additional Length of Stay Limitations:
- Overnight guests may not stay more than 7 cumulative nights within a 21-day period, which begins the first night of their stay.
- Email Matt Klein at email@example.com if you have any questions about the guest policy.
- If a guest stays 7 nights within a 21-day period, then they may not stay as an overnight guest for 21 days following their last night in the building. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking to have a guest return before their 21-day waiting period is over - exceptions to this are limited.
Guests During Contract Extensions:
- All day/overnight guests, regardless of length of stay, must be pre-approved. You can request guest approval by emailing CSD Matt Klein at email@example.com. You will be notified by email once a request is reviewed.
- If you are returning to the Center for an additional academic term, you will not be permitted to have any guests during move-in weekend and through the standard guest moratorium during the first week of the term. No exceptions will be made for move-in weekend or the guest moratorium.