You may have guests while staying at the UC Washington Center (after the first week Guest Moratorium - see details below), where we categorize guests into two groups:
- Day Guests: A non-resident you check into the Center between 7:00AM and 1:00AM
- Overnight Guests: A non-resident you check into the Center between 1:00AM and 7:00AM
- A guest is considered overnight guest even if they check in after 1:00 AM and check out before 7:00 AM. Regarding our policy of guests that can't stay more than 5 nights in 21-day period, this situation would count as one of those nights.
- Day Guests that Become Overnight Guests: If you have a day guest staying after 1:00 AM, you must go to the Security desk to sign them in as an overnight guest to avoid a conduct violation.
Please review the following information when planning to have guests. Failure to follow procedure may result in a loss of guest privileges. You may contact CSD Matt Klein for any questions.
Your apartment must have an approved Apartment Agreement Form on file with Residential Services before Security will allow you to check in guests. Apartment Agreement Forms are due no later than the Monday following Orientation. New Agreement Forms will be required if anyone new moves into your apartment after an original submission.
A. Confirm that you are able to have guests:
- An Apartment Agreement Form must be on file with Residential Life before checking in any guests. If you do not have a form on file, you must submit a signed form to Residential Life at least 48 hours before having a guest.
- Discuss with your apartment mates about your plans so you do not exceed the guest limitations outlined below.
B. You must check in all guests at the Security desk upon their arrival:
- Guests must have valid government issued identification to receive a visitor’s pass – visitor’s passes are required for re-entry into the building.
C. You are responsible for your guests and must accompany them at all times during their stay at the Center:
- You must accompany your guest anytime they re-enter the building, and your guest must show proof-of-stay (the visitor’s pass) to Security.
- Guests may be asked to leave the premises if deemed necessary by a Center staff member.
D. You must check your guests out upon their departure:
- Guests must return visitor’s pass to the Security desk.
- No guests are allowed the first week of each academic term (guest moratorium).
- No more than 2 overnight guests are allowed per apartment, per night.
- You are prohibited from checking in guests for other residents.
- You are prohibited from providing any Center materials including, but not limited to, apartment keys, UCDC IDs, or access cards (Sonitrol fobs) to any guests.
- Residents may not be checked in as guests 15 days prior to and 15 days following their housing contract.
Additional Length of Stay Limitations:
- Overnight guests may not stay more than 5 cumulative nights within a 21-day period, which begins the first night of their stay. Complete a Guest Extension Form at least 5 nights prior to your guest arriving if you are looking to host them for more than 5 nights (extension limit is 7 nights). You will be notified by email once it has been reviewed by Residential Services.
- If a guest stays 5 nights within a 21-day period, then they may not stay as an overnight guest for 21 days following their last night in the building (unless approved for a guest extension, in which case the 21-day waiting period begins on their last approved night). Email email@example.com if you are looking to have a guest return before their 21-day waiting period is over - exceptions to this policy are limited.