It is your responsibility as a resident to arrive during scheduled check in hours outlined in your contract. If you arrive between the hours of 10pm-8am, you may check-in with secuirty and are encouraged to be thoughtful and courteous of your new roommates that may have already arrived at the center. Please be respectful when choosing your arrival time.
Mandatory Residential Orientation
Orientation is mandatory and a fine of $50.00 will be assessed each student who misses orientation.
Receiving Your Building Access
Upon moving in to the building, each resident is issued an apartment/room key (metal) and a Sonitrol access fob (plastic). Each key and fob is assigned a code, which is specifically assigned to the resident for the time that they are contracted to live at the UC Washington Center.
1. Building Access Fob
The front door of the building serves as main access for our residents, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Front doors are unlocked Monday through Friday, during the hours of 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- Your fob is required to access the elevators and stairwells 24 hours a day.
- If you have problems with or lose your building access fob, please contact the Residential Life Office during office hours. If you are temporarily locked out, see Security for a 15 minute courtesy key.
- There are areas within the building (including office space on floors 2 and 3) that have limited hours for access. Residents should enter these areas only during the times posted.
- The UC Washington Center reserves the right to re-key a room or apartment at any time.
2. Apartment/Room Keys
Residents will receive a key to their apartment when they check in. Always keep your doors locked and carry your keys. If you lose or misplace your key, please contact the Residential Life Office immediately. If you are temporarily locked out, see Secuirty for a 15 minute courtesy key. A lock change, if needed, will be added to damage charges at the end of the term.
You cannot give your apartment key or access fob to any other individual, including roommates and guests.
3. Washington Center Identification Card
You will be provided with an identification card (picture ID) for the UC Washington Center.
- When you leave the building please carry your Washington Center Identification Card.
- The Washington Center ID must be shown to security each and every time you enter the building.
- You must return your card at the end of the term, failure to do so will result in a $100 fine.
Completing Your Apartment Assessment Form
When you move into the building an apartment assessment form will be in your apartment. It is very important that you complete this form accurately, noting any missing or defective furnishings and any existing damage to the apartment. You must turn in the apartment assessment form by the date and time specified in the Residential Orientation. In the event you request a replacement or new item for your apartment Residential Life reserves the right to bill all occupants of the apartment for the replacement item. All apartment occupants are responsible for upkeep of apartment items.
Upon check- out, the maintenance staff will inspect your apartment using this same form. You will be held financially responsible for any discrepancies in the condition of your apartment and its furnishings. Apartment spaces such as the kitchen, bathroom, and living area will be the responsibility of all residents who reside in the unit. If you do not turn in the form, you and your apartment-mates will forfeit your right to appeal damage charges after you check out. The maintenance staff will use a new form to assess your apartment upon check out if your form is not returned.
Residents will receive information describing checkout procedures before the end of the term. Failure to follow the appropriate procedures will result in restrictions being placed on present and future University records:
- Your apartment must be vacated by the ending date/time written on your housing contract.
- Failure to leave your room and apartment in a clean and orderly condition can result in fines
- Charges may also be assessed for loss or damage to premises, equipment or furnishings for which you are responsible
- All damage, cleaning, and key charges will be invoiced and mailed to you for reimbursement.
- There is a $100.00 charge for not returning the Washington Center ID, keys and fob at check out in addition to the fees for the items.
- You cannot stay in the building as a guest of a resident for a period of 30 days before and after the dates indicated on your housing contract.
- Special exceptions for stays over a term break (for reasons such as: extended internships or student program participation for 2 terms) must be approved by both Building/Housing Manager and the Program Administrator.